The company has cemented its presence among the successful Manufacturers and Suppliers of Ammonium Hydroxide. We formulate the Ammonium Hydroxide using excellent quality chemical compounds. Ammonium Hydroxide offered by us is used in rubber industry, leather industry, pharmaceutical industry, pulp and paper industry, etc. Buyers can obtain the chemical at nominal rates from us.
More about Ammonium Hydroxide
- When ammonia gas is dissolved in water, the resulting material is ammonium hydroxide or "aqua" ammonia. It is a clear, colorless liquid having a strong pungent ammonia odour
- Aqua ammonia (ammonium hydroxide) is classified as a weak base. It ionizes much less completely in water than does a strong base such as sodium hydroxide. Its viscosity is higher than that for liquid anhydrous ammonia.
- Aqua ammonia reacts with many organic and inorganic acids to form ammonium salts and compounds; with certain metals to form complex ion salts; with halogens to form haloamines; and under extreme circumstances with silver and mercury to form explosive azides.
- Aqua ammonia is used as the nitrogen source for fertilizer. It is also used in the making of refrigerants and home and commercial cleaning products.
- Aqua ammonia is corrosive to copper, silver, aluminium, zinc, and alloys. It reacts with body moisture, Hence it may burn body tissue - skin, eyes, mouth, throat, lungs, and stomach - on contact, if inhaled or swallowed.
- Aqua ammonia is generally tolerable at concentrations up to 25 parts-per-million (ppm), even though the smell is unpleasant and sharp. Above this concentration, irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat may begin. Above 400 ppm, skin irritation and coughing occur immediately.
- Ammonia in aqueous solution is not flammable or explosive. However, it poses a danger when it is exposed to fire or elevated temperatures as it may decompose, releasing flammable and toxic gases.
- Ammonia in aqueous solution (Ammonium hydroxide) of Analytical, Synthesis, Technical and Commercial grades are available in tank cars, drums and carboys.
Characteristics Analytical Technical Synthesis Commercial
- NH3, % by mass, Min. 1 to30
- 2 Residue on evaporation % by mass max 0.2